Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mi Madre's Garden

When summer started my mother decided to create a garden. I had no idea what she planted till I went out to the garden yesterday to grab the veggies(Louis came along with me and it was fun playing "Wheres Louis" because I had no idea where he was when he stuck himself in the garden) and I had a blast.

I found out my mother planted Squash, Cucumber, Tomatoes(which were not ready to be plucked), Peppers, Okras, and some other green veggies which I don't know the name of but it looked pretty normal to cook and eat. I had fun picking the veggies out and being on the look out for garden snakes. I then realized garden snakes are not as bad as cobras so therefore I shouldn't be on the look out but I was paranoid because Louis was next to me and we all know how that yorkie is curious about everything and isn't scared of anything. Either way it was a blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat!


Here's to a fabulous summer garden and a great day celebrating America's Independence from King George III!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome harvest--I have a bunch of the same things in my garden but you are WAY ahead of me--my zucchinis are only about 2 inches long ;-)

    ReplyDelete